Friday, September 18, 2009

FALLING INTO AUTUMN (1 apple at a time)



There is nothing like starting off the autumn season with a good old apple! But for a special treat I decided to dress my apples up....I purchased sticks at a craft shop. Select the type of coatings you want to use on your apples. Here I used semi-sweet chocolate chips (melted) M & M's, chuncky almonds, sprinkles(chocolate and variety) mini reeses pieces, and melted down carmels...Full a pot with a little water...fit another pot over it get the water hot in the bottom pot and add the chocolate to the top pot. Make sure no water is spashed in the chocolate or it will become unusable. When the chocolate is melted, dip the apple one at a time in the chocolate & let the access drip off. Place the apple on wax paper and add the dressings of your choice.... I wrapped each apple in clear cellophane wrap paper and tied with a bow...Voila!




No comments:

Blog Archive